Our laboratory focuses on the molecular genetics of parasites of the genus Leishmania, causative agents of leishmaniasis.
In the last years, we have incorporated next generation sequencing techniques for addressing issues of gene expression and genomic plasticity in this protist. This WEB server was created as a means to sharing the data that we are generating with people having interests for these topics.
We are working at the Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa (CSIC-UAM), Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain).
Here you can find the genomic and transcriptomic data derived from our research.
Based on L. major genome version 9 from TrytripDB
- LmjF_v9_transcriptome: complete transcriptome assembly based on RNA-seq from L.major axenic promastigotes. A detail description can be found in our paper from 2013 (Rastrojo et al. 2013).
- LmjF_v9_SIDER2: a detailed catalogue of all SIDER2 elements found in the L.major genome (main paper Requena et al. 2016 and dataset Requena et al. 2017).
Based on the updated L. major genome (Alonso et al. 2016).
L. major transcriptome Browser
Here you can access a L. major transcriptome Browser based on Alonso et al. 2016 version of the genome, where you can look for specific gene and transcript information.
- Requena JM, Rastrojo A, Garde E, López MC, Thomas MC, Aguado B. Dataset for distribution of SIDER2 elements in the Leishmania major genome and transcriptome. Data in Brief. 2017/4;11: 39–43. [PUBMED]
- Requena JM, Rastrojo A, Garde E, López MC, Thomas MC, Aguado B. Genomic cartography and proposal of nomenclature for the repeated, interspersed elements of the Leishmania major SIDER2 family and identification of SIDER2-containing transcripts. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2016;212: 9–15. [PUBMED]
- Alonso G, Rastrojo A, López-Pérez S, Requena JM, Aguado B. Resequencing and assembly of seven complex loci to improve the Leishmania major (Friedlin strain) reference genome. Parasit Vectors. Parasites & Vectors; 2016;9: 74. [PUBMED]
- Rastrojo A, Carrasco-Ramiro F, Martín D, Crespillo A, Reguera RM, Aguado B, et al. The transcriptome of Leishmania major in the axenic promastigote stage: transcript annotation and relative expression levels by RNA-seq. BMC Genomics. 2013;14: 223. [PUBMED] 28034676